Tucson Medical Center MegaRaffle Ticket Contest
1. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter nor does any purchase improve an entrant’s chance of winning. Contest begins on Friday, April 12, 2013 at 12:00am Pacific Standard Time and runs through Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor clock will be the official timepiece of the Contest. To enter the contest, entrants will visit www.kvoa.com/contests and click on the tab for the “TMC MegaRaffle Ticket Contest. To be official, all entries forms must be filled out completely and contain verifiable information. All entries submitted become the sole property of the KVOA-TV/News 4 Tucson and will not be returned. Use of any mechanical device to automate entry is prohibited.
2. ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY: No purchase necessary. One valid entry per contestant allowed. Entrants may submit a 3x5 card with their name, age, address, telephone number and email address(required) at the TMC MEGARAFFLE TICKET CONTEST, KVOA-TV, 209 West Elm Street, Tucson, AZ 85705 or by mailing their entries to “TMC MEGARAFFLE TICKET CONTEST” Box 5188, Tucson, AZ 85703.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: There will be a total of 6 (six) prize winning names drawn at random from all properly completed entry forms during the contest period. There will be 1 (one) prize winning name drawn on each of the following 6 (six) dates: Tuesday, April 16…Tuesday, April 23…Tuesday, April 30…Tuesday, May 7…Tuesday, May 14…Tuesday, May 21. KVOA-TV will contact each prize winning name by email and telephone. Each prize winning name will have 24 hours, from time of the first attempt of contact, to respond and confirm their winning entry. Prize winning names can confirm their wins by calling the KVOA-TV office at 520-792-2270 or by emailing their confirmation to Contests@kvoa.com. Please note…all email confirmations MUST have “TMC MegaRaffle Winner” in the Subject line of their email. If a prize winning name is not confirmed in the 24 hour window after first attempt to contact, the prize winning name will be voided and a substitute prize winning name will be drawn subject to previous rules set forth in this document.
4. PRIZES: There will be a total of 6 (six) prizes awarded during the contest period. Each entrant deemed a “prize winning name” will receive 1 (one) official ticket to the TMC MegaRaffle to be held in May 2013 ($100 retail value). KVOA-TV reserves the right to substitute cash, or a prize of equal or greater value.
5. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
- The Contest is open only to legal citizens of the United States who are legal residents of the Tucson/Sierra Vista, AZ Designated Market Area (DMA) according to the Nielsen Company and who are 21 years of age and possess a valid I.D. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Employees (and their immediate family or household members) of KVOA-TV (“Sponsor”) and their respective subsidiaries, sponsors, affiliates, parent companies, assignees, agencies, advertisers and franchisees are not eligible to win.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
- Release Sponsors of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release sponsors and their parent companies, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensees, representatives & agents from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from the entrants’ participation in this Contest.
- Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the contest commissioners, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
- KVOA-TV reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. KVOA-TV reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of the affiliate's' office. Entrants further grant to KVOA-TV the right to use and publish their proper name and
- KVOA-TV reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
- The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyrighted by KVOA-TV. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- KVOA-TV is not responsible for undelivered entries to the contest for any reason including, but not limited to, computer problems, connectivity problems, online/email filtering and/or unintentionally destruction.
- Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize. KVOA-TV reserves the right to change the rules at any time. Automated voting of any kind is not allowed. Detection of said automated voting will lead to votes being voided.
Only one registered account per voter. If multiple accounts are detected for a single voter, they will be disabled and votes disqualified.
Only one (1) prize per household or email address will be awarded during the contest period.
All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail notification.
This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
7. CONTEST RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS: Official Rules are available at www.kvoa.com.
8. SPONSORS: Contest is sponsored by KVOA-TV, 209 W. Elm Street, Tucson, AZ 85705.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsors are not responsible for virus or other damage to entrant’s computer from participation in the Contest. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, or if this Contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Contest and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. In the event this Contest is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Entry Site. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Contest rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Arizona law, excluding choice of law provisions.